- I made it back intact, and Finky is not dead. I was a little worried cos he was sleeping in his little mitten, and he didn't move when I tapped the glass, but I took the screen off the tank, fed him, and gave him a poke. He's okay, thank god.
- I spent most of yesterday watching TV (my parents got a TiVo for Christmas, it's fuckin awesome) and wishing I hadn't forgotten my cell phone. I ate half a pizza, watched "Better Off Dead", played Age of Empires on my dad's computer (I was impressed with myself, I was kind of drunk and still managed to beat the computer on moderate difficulty), killed off that bottle of Maker's Mark and went to bed.
- This morning I woke up at like 9. Had a donut and watched "Catch Me If You Can" while waiting for Rebecca and Thomas to arrive. It was surprisingly good, but they showed up just before the end, so I didn't see the last 20 minutes or so until after the present opening.
- They arrived at like 11 and presents were opened. I didn't get Half Life 2, but I did get a new hard drive, 200 freaking gigabytes. That in itself is awesome, and I could probably sell my old drives and get enough cash for them to buy a copy. (Plus my grandmother gave me a large single bill, which I will be seriously tempted to break with that purchase tomorrow.) Plus some other cool shit, but the new drive is the highlight, I think.
- Thomas gave my sister a cheap electric guitar, good times were had passing that around for a while. She even asked me, "Wow, when did you stop sucking?" I'm a much better player than I was when we lived in the same house.
- My dad made Christmas dinner, it was aight. The cake was pretty good, my mom always makes good chocolate cake. I forgot to grab the section that I was to take home. *shrug* Meh.
- Played 3 games of Risk with Thomas. *hangs head* He fucking slaughtered me. I almost had him the third time, but I had a couple of really bad turns and that just blew it for me. It was really fun though, I hadn't played Risk in forever. The first two games were over in like an hour each, but the last one went on for like 2 1/2. Then it was almost midnight, so I got my stuff together and went home.
- Stopped for gas in Fremont. The attendant was puttering around taking care of business when I got there, so I had to wait like 10 minutes to get my gas. (Gas is back down to only 2 bucks a gallon, sweet.) Passed the time talking to a very nice, pretty Indian girl named Zenith, a journalism major at San Jose State.
- I missed Megan a little. I hope next Christmas I have a girlfriend I can take with me. Not in the sense of like, 'a girl you can bring home to mom', just someone with whom my relationship is intimate enough for that to be appropriate. (Or it would also be tight to housesit while they're on vacation this summer. I've wanted for a long time, to housesit my parent's house with my hypothetical fiancee, so while they're on vacation, we can have our own vacation in the suburbs. Hanging out in their house, looking after the cats, having friends over, drinking, smoking weed, y'know, small scale partying, and when we're home alone, fornicating all over the place. I've had sex at my parent's house once, ever, I have some catching up to do. But not like trashing the place, just enjoying having a nice decent sized suburban house to ourselves for a week. Cooking yummy food in the nice-ass kitchen, sharing a bowl and watching TiVo..... sigh. I'm such a sappy bastard. I always seem to relate to songs about heartbreak, when I doubt if I've ever been in love. I write those songs and they're about someone I've never met.)
- But it's a quarter to 2, I kinda have a headache (had a couple jack and cokes today), so I'm putting my happy ass in bed. I hope all you guys had a fucking awesome Christmakwanzakkah Commerce Day.
x's and 0's.
PS everyone dug the presents I got them. I rock.